04 August, 2009

Clover Leaf task Blow-out

Post by Tony

Yesterday afternoon was the clover task and the wind was strong and dying off towards the evening. 8pm.
I was flying 3rd last on this task, this gave me a perfect opportunity to push the wing to it’s limits as the wind was almost settled.
I got airborne with my new riser system for the Plasma and tested it’s turn and speed for the first time only minutes before entering the task. The wing was rock solid and super fast now. My number appeared and from the holding deck I lined up and entered the task  at full speed. I held a low track and as I hit the stick for the first time I realized the stick was heavier and harder than I imagined because it felt like some one belted my under my right foot with a bat. I did the first turn and all was good and again hit the stick again and again it felt like I was hit hard with the bat. My second turn was smooth with a slight drift outward but and easy correction and lined up for the 3rd kick. I hit it again, and with the shock of the hit I pulled my foot back a little and ballooned up so high I was unable to to make the turn in and kick the stick again so missed the next kick and then just finished the task with penalties. Unfortunately for me I blew it. The polish have a stunning time for this one and will be the leaders in the clover for another few years by the looks of things . Well done to them.

I was told after wards by a bunch of pilots that they all went out to the field to watch and back me for this event. Sorry I did not make it the show you all wanted. Next time chaps.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

47.08 for keith !
and a 2nd place
Fantastic, well done.
Must have been those hard core boots !!

SA 2009 PPG Team said...

Keith bought his in the safety boot shop

Unknown said...

Congrats to Keith with his 2nd place!

Followers